Dani Filth is top ‘Suffolk icon’
DEATH metal star Dani Filth is running away with the race to be named Suffolk’s top icon, it emerged today.
The self-styled “crypt-crawling” frontman of Cradle of Filth is streets ahead of any other contenders in the Choose Suffolk-led contest.
As of this morning, the 37-year-old, who used to be based in Hadleigh, had 1,622 views - almost 600 ahead of second placed Broomhill Swimming Pool in Ipswich.
A pint of Adnams, a Suffolk Punch and the Middy Train complete the top 5.
The site was set-up by Choose Suffolk, a partnership aimed at putting the county “on the map”, and tourism manager Alex Paul said that the submission of Dani as an “icon” showed that there was more to Suffolk than just the traditional beauty spots.
You may also want to watch:
Cradle of Filth have consistently been one of the biggest-selling and most successful British heavy metal bands since releasing breakthrough album Dusk... and Her Embrace in 1996.
- For more information about Choose Suffolk visit www.choosesuffolk.co.uk and to find out more about the Suffolk Icons project, visit www.suffolkicons.co.uk
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown