Lavenham Society’s date for annual general meeting
The Lavenham Society will be holding its annual general meeting in The Guildhall next month.
It is to take place on Tuesday, February 20, at 7pm, and features a talk by Robyn Lloyd Hughes entitled “The Friendly Invasion - Bringing in the Bombs”.
He was an officer in the Territorial Army for over 40 yars and is chairman of the Lavenham and District branch of the Royal British Legion.
His talk will centre on the logistical effort in creating and proving the facilities, bombs, ammunition, fuel and other stores and supplies to support the 8th Air Force in the region during the Second World War.
The agenda for the meeting includes the chairman’s and treasurer’s reports, election of members to the executive, future events planned throughout the year and the date of the 2019 AGM.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is free and is open to everyone interested in the society.
It costs £40 to be a life member of the organisation and £60 for a joint life membership.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 7 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab