Care home shortlisted for award after 'keeping morale high'
- Credit: Care UK
Staff at a care home in Bury St Edmunds are celebrating after being shortlisted for a national award.
Davers Court in Shakers Lane, run by Care UK, has been shortlisted in the ‘best individual care home or care community’ category.
The winners will be announced at the annual awards ceremony in September.
Sally Shadbolt, home manager, said: “We are thrilled to have been shortlisted. It is testament to the team’s hard work and innovative thinking to ensure every resident leads a happy and fulfilling life.
"The last year has certainly had its challenges, but the team has gone above and beyond to maintain as much normality as possible for residents, while keeping morale high with fun activities and events within the home.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say thank you to all of our team, as I know their work is greatly appreciated by myself, residents and their families."
Davers Court has been rated ‘outstanding’ in all five areas by the Care Quality Commission.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches