Trial set for man charged following firearm incident
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A date has been set for the trial of a 41-year-old man accused of carrying an imitation firearm in Stowmarket at the weekend.
David Heath, 41, of Lime Tree Place in Stowmarket, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates Court via a video link on Monday, April 13 charged with two counts of possession of an imitation firearm.
Police received reports of a man carrying a firearm in Station Road in the town on Saturday, April 11.
Officers attended the incident and arrested a man on suspicion of being in possession of an imitation firearm.
Heath was arrested and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he was remanded and appeared before the court yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Following his appearance at magistrates’ court Heath was remanded in custody and his trial will take place at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, May 11.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season