Body of man missing for 135 days found in tent, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man who had been missing from his Suffolk home for 135 days was found in a tent in Lincolnshire, an inquest has heard.
David Jenkins, 62, was found by police after he was reported missing by his family in 2019 after failing to arrive at work on Thursday, April 18 - having left his car in the driveway of his Melton home.
His family had been growing increasingly concerned for his welfare as he suffers from a serious heart condition and was not thought to have medication with him.
At an inquest at Suffolk Coroner's Court in Ipswich, senior coroner Nigel Parsley heard how officers from Lincolnshire Police discovered the tent alongside a used barbecue and a number of bottles on Friday, August 30.
He opened and adjourned the inquest for further investigation.
You may also want to watch:
It is due to concluded on May 14.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 9 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties