Man jailed for driving while banned
- Credit: Archant
An Elsmwell man who was caught driving while disqualified has been jailed for eight weeks.
David Sheldrake, of Hall Lane, was stopped by police in Hall Lane on the morning of Wednesday, October 21 after being reported by a member of the public.
The 32-year-old was arrested and taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance.
Sheldrake appeared at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, October 22, where he pleaded guilty to both charges,
You may also want to watch:
He was sentenced to eight weeks in prison and handed a driving ban of 16 months.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'