Seven events happening in Suffolk and north Essex
Your weekend inspiration is here – these events are all taking place near you on December 23 and 24.
Felixstowe Ice Rink
Great Eastern Square, Felixstowe
Saturday is your last chance to put on your ice skates and head to Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
Skating on the ice rink is completely free, just turn up and give it a go.
For more information visit the Facebook page here.
An Albion Christmas show
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
The Apex, Bury St Edmunds
Get into the Christmas spirit with the Albion Christmas show.
The show is a seasonal mixture of carols, spoken word, humorous readings and dance.
The band have been touring for almost 20 years and attracts sell out audiences. For more details visit the website here.
Marina Theatre, Lowestoft
December 23 and 24
Enjoy a great day out with the family watching the magical tale of Aladdin.
The show is packed with fun, laughter, surprises, songs and audience participation.
To book tickets visit the website here or call 01502 533200.
Christmas with Christina Johnston
St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Aldeburgh
Classical chart topper Christina Johnston and famous pianist Inga Goldsmith are back to bring you the spirit of Christmas.
The concert will be full of memorable Christmas songs and will include Matthew Sheeran’s new piece In the bleak midwinter.
To find out more details and to book tickets visit the website.
Demon Xtreme Ice Slider
Castle Park, Colchester
December 23 and 24
Who needs snow when you can go sledging this weekend without it.
The DX Ice Slider is a 35 metre long ride with five lanes, four lanes are to be used with a plastic sled and the other is for more adventurous riders.
Each person gets 25 minutes to slide down as many times as they can fit in. For more information visit the website.
Meet Father Christmas at Stow Maries
Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome, Purleigh
Father Christmas will arrive by plane to greet children and reindeer.
You will be able to feed the reindeers and have your picture taken in Santa’s sleigh.
Meet Father Christmas and choose your own gift from his shop. For more details visit the website.
Cars and Coffee
Museum of Power, Maldon
Are you a car enthusiast? If so make sure you don’t miss this event.
Take your classic or modern vehicle to the Museum of Power and enjoy a coffee with other car enthusiasts.
The Steam Pump Tea Room will be open serving breakfasts, hot/cold food, home make cakes and refreshments. For more information visit the website.