Dead baby’s family remain in hospital after A12 smash
CRASH experts are continuing their investigations into an accident on the A12 that claimed the life of a baby boy.
The 10-month-old died in hospital hours after the Volkswagen Passat he was travelling in collided with a van near Kelvedon.
Police yesterday revealed three other members of the baby’s family – from Luton, Bedfordshire – remain in hospital.
They are a 71-year-old who is in a serious but not life-threatening condition at Queens Hospital, Romford, and a 29-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man are still in Colchester Hospital receiving treatment.
Monday’s crash, in which the Passat collided with a stationary Iveco van in a lay-by, was the third serious crash on the A12 in just eight days, and the second fatality.
You may also want to watch:
Mafalda Sofia Do Nascimento Pio, of Bramford Lane, Ipswich, died when the car she was in crashed into a bridge near Dedham on Sunday, September 26.
Last Sunday a motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital after a collision with a silver Mercedes car between Boreham and Hatfield Peverel on the A12.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 5 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 6 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
Police have repeated their appeal for anyone who witnessed Monday’s collision to contact their Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0300 333 444.