Dead porpoise found at Felixstowe beach
- Credit: Alison Sheeran
A porpoise has been found washed up on a Suffolk beach.
The marine animal was found on Felixstowe beach on Friday by a walker.
Alison Sheeran was walking her dog near the beach when she spotted the creature.
"I posted a picture on Felixstowe residents Facebook page because I knew someone would know who to report it as there have been others recently," said Ms Sheeran.
"Within minutes the coastguard had seen my post and contacted me for a location, which was easy to give them."
It is not clear what caused the porpoise to end up on the beach.
The porpoise was later dealt with by Felixstowe Coastguard.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival