Dealer sponsors speedway rider
- Credit: Jeff Higgott
Volvo dealership Donalds Garages has pledged its support to national speedway rider Joe Jacobs by sponsoring him for the 2014 season.
The Ipswich dealership will see its livery featured on the young rider’s bikes with him using its contribution to help cover repair and maintenance costs.
The ambitious 20-year-old, who was born and raised in Ipswich, is expected to take part in more than 100 race meetings this year. This includes the chance to ride in the televised Elite League for the first time with Wolverhampton Wolves. He will also ride for Premier League team Peterborough Panthers and National League side Mildenhall Fen Tigers, where he is lead rider.
With such a busy calendar comes great cost as Joe needs to keep at least three bikes ready to race throughout the seven-month season.
The link with Donalds comes through aftersales advisor Gavin Elliott.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin said: “I have watched Joe either practising or racing for numerous years, including his first time on a speedway bike as a complete unknown after an Ipswich Witches meeting had finished. I first actively became involved with helping Joe at the beginning of 2011 at an event organised by family and friends to help raise his profile and funds for his years racing.”
Joe added: “It is really important to me to have local support. I’m from Ipswich, still live near Ipswich and have a lot of support in the town and in Suffolk.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
Joe will be at King’s Lynn with Wolverhampton Wolves on Monday before a homecoming to Ipswich on Friday, April 18 with Peterborough Panthers against Ipswich Witches.