Man dies after being found in pond in Tiptree
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man died in hospital having been found in a village duck pond.
Two ambulances, an ambulance officer vehicle and police were called to the pond in Church Road, Tiptree, at around 7.30am due to concerns for the welfare of a man.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called following reports of a man being in the water.
“A man was transported to Colchester General Hospital.”
A spokesman for Essex Police added: “We attended and a man was taken to hospital where, sadly, he died.
“His death is being treated as unexplained and our enquiries are ongoing.”
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 Triple murder accused appears in court