Death of Ladimeji Benson after Chelmsford stabbing is truly a tragedy, say grieving family
- Credit: Archant
A man with two children thought to have been stabbed to death in Chelmsford earlier this week had been living in Colchester
Ladimeji Benson, aged 27, was from the county city where he was attacked in an altercation in Baddow Road on November 10.
He was taken to Broomfield Hospital where he died of his injuries and police later launched a murder investigation.
Today a tribute was released through Essex Police from Mr Benson’s family and girlfriend.
It said: “Ladi was a special person with a beautiful heart.
You may also want to watch:
“He touched the lives of so many and could cheer up anyone with his amazing infectious smile.
“The hundreds of tributes show how widely and deeply loved he was. Family and friends have travelled from around the globe to pay their respects.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
“Ladi was a wonderful father to his baby daughter and step-son, and a loving partner, son and brother.
“He was taken from us too soon and we are all left with a huge hole in our hearts.
“Our lives will never be the same without him.
“We will never see that cheeky grin again and his daughter will never know the father she adored.
“She had almost learned to say the word ‘Dada’, but now her Dada will only be a photo or a story.
“His death is truly a tragedy.
“Someone out there knows who is responsible for taking our precious Ladi away from us.
“If you know anything, please look into your heart and conscience and contact police with any information.”
A post-mortem examination gave the provisional cause of death as blood loss caused by a stab wound to the chest.