Death of man found barely conscious in Bury St Edmunds field not suspicious, police say
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating circumstances around a man found barely-conscious in a field in Bury St Edmunds have said they do not believe his death is suspicious.
Suffolk police officers were called by paramedics at 9pm on Tuesday, August 22, where a man aged in his 20s was found in a field near West Suffolk College in Out Risbygate.
He was barely-conscious when he was found, and despite the efforts of paramedics and staff at West Suffolk Hospital where he was taken, he died on Friday, August 25.
A post-mortem was carried out yesterday where his cause of death was found to be a subdural haemorrhage – blood collecting between the skull and the brain, often as a result of a head injury.
However, his death is not being treated as suspicious.
A police spokesman said: “At the present time his death is not believed to be as the result of any suspicious circumstances and a file will now be prepared for the coroner.”
Police had arrested a 22-year-old woman and a 17-year-old girl on suspicion of robbery in connection with the man being found, but both were released on bail until Tuesday. September 19 while police enquiries continue.
Police said the arrests were made in relation to a theft of the man’s mobile phone, which is believed to have been stolen from his person at some point on the evening he was found but before he was admitted to hospital.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 5 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-0 Bolton loss
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton