Debenham: Calendar Girls show raises more than �3,000
WOMEN have been putting it all on show in a performance of Calendar Girls which has helped to raise more than �3,000 for charity.
Debenham Players put on the sell-out shows in the village’s high school hall last month.
The shows were such a success that an actual calendar featuring the women from the shows has had to be re-printed because of demand.
Show director Cyndi McAleer said: “Calendar Girls was the most rewarding production I had the pleasure of directing – the subject was dear to all our hearts and our cast and crew gave everything they had to deliver a meaningful, enjoyable, uplifting evening.
“Everyone, cast and audience alike, left with a smile on their face and a glow of satisfaction.”
You may also want to watch:
The money has gone towards Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research and the show’s organisers are expecting more money to be raised through the sale of the calendar.
Calendar Girls was turned into a film in 2003, written by Tim Firth and starring Helen Mirren and Julie Walters.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 8 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 9 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
A hard copy version of the calendar is available to purchase for �5 from The Garden of Deben and Henry Abbott Houseware in Debenham and online at www.debenhamcalendergirls.co.uk
Debenham Players rehearse at local schools and often perform in the village’s community centre.