Debenham ram raiders escaped police during chase
Police are appealing for information after a ram raider escaped police in a car chase.
Police are appealing for information after ram raiders escaped police in a dramatic car chase.
Officers were called at 3.55am, after the alarm went off at the Co-op in Chancery Lane, Debenham.
A JCB teleporter was used to remove the cash machine from the building and then placed in the back of an Isuzu pick-up truck.
A police unit on its way to attend the ram raid encountered the Isuzu in the Mendlesham area with the cash machine on the back. The offenders abandoned this vehicle in a road off the A140, where they got into a silver Audi A5 without number plates and made off from the officers.
You may also want to watch:
Both the JCB and the Isuzu were stolen at some time after 9.30pm the previous evening (25 February), from a farm in Stowupland.
An Audi A5 was stolen during a burglary at a property in Harefield, Long Melford, at around 10.40pm on Saturday 24 February and it is possible that this was the vehicle used during this incident, however as the Audi involved has not yet been located and did not have number plates, this is not confirmed.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
Anyone with information about this ram raid, or the vehicle thefts in Stowupland and Long Melford, is asked to contact East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101 quoting reference 10943/18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.