Debenham: Temperatures plummet to -15C - and here’s the proof
- Credit: Archant
OVERNIGHT temperatures across many parts of Suffolk plummeted to well below freezing, with the mercury dropping to -15C in Debenham.
Chris Grover took this picture of his car display this morning revealing the true impact of the big freeze in the mid Suffolk village.
Forecaster Phil Garner at Weatherquest said readings from its stations across the region had shown temperatures of as low as -14C across the border in Norfolk, but that was not to say conditions had been even colder elsewhere.
He said: “Where we had some real snowfall yesterday and clear skies overnight, that’s where it has been really cold.
“I think the lack of breeze is making it feel more palatable but if we were to pick up some wind it would feel much worse. We’ll struggle to get above 0C anywhere today.”
You may also want to watch:
- Have you seen any lower readings on your thermometer this morning? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment below.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them