Deckchair delight for hospice fundraisers
CREATIVE, colourful and crazy deckchairs went under the hammer last night to raise funds for a Suffolk hospice.
Around 30 deckchairs, including unique designs by celebrities Bill Oddie, Maureen Lipman and Sean Bean, were auctioned off, with a design of Mr Benn creator David McKee going for �1,600.
More than 150 people came to the invitation-only event in Trinity Park, Ipswich, led by auctioneer Elizabeth Talbot, who has appeared on Bargain Hunt and Cash in the Attic.
Project organiser Carl Brooks, of St Elizabeth Hospice in Foxhall Road, Ipswich, said: “It’s raised nearly �16,000 for the hospice, and if we can raise a similar amount with the online auction, we can get up to �30,000, which is fantastic.
“The bidding was quite exciting, and people really got into it as the evening went on.”
You may also want to watch:
Online bidding has already started on the remaining deckchairs at www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk/deckchairsauction and continues until October 12.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light