Major car park closing until March
- Credit: Archant
A popular car park on the Essex/Suffolk border is closing for several months while it is used as compound for bridge repair work.
Dedham’s Mill Pond car park will shut from Monday, January 7 until the end of March 2019 as Suffolk County Council use it for major bridge works.
Colchester Borough Council own the car park, but it will be used by Suffolk workers while they revamp and repair the nearby B1029 Dedham Road Bridge.
Mill Pond was described as the “most suitable” location for the task, as it has direct access to the bridge and water.
Colchester borough’s Mike Lilley, responsible for public safety and licensing, hopes the nearby Mill Lane Car Park in Dedham can be used while Mill Pond is out of action.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We apologise of any inconvenience caused by this closure.
“However, Suffolk County Council needs to complete these essential bridge works, and using the car park as a compound is the best solution.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
“The nearby, and much larger, Mill Lane Car Park will remain open throughout this period so visitors, shoppers, workers can continue to enjoy Dedham and all the wonderful walks, shops and places to eat.”