Deepdene: Edwardian home in Aldeburgh goes on the market
- Credit: Archant
Deepdene is an exceptional family home in an elevated position above the High Street in the seaside town of Aldeburgh.
It has views to the sea, elegant accommodation and off-road car parking space, which is always important in this thriving resort.
This detached home is in Park Road, close to the Town Steps and immediately above Aldeburgh High Street.
From the first floor rooms there are views over the rooftops to the sea beyond.
This three reception room/four bedroom home has paved and landscaped gardens.
Deepdene features elegant, well-presented accommodation with fine period joinery, moulded ceilings cornices in the principal rooms and, in the drawing room, a window bay fitted with window seating overlooking the garden.
It has an Arts & Crafts style surround to its fireplace.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 5 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 8 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Things we might learn from Ipswich Town's pre-season games
A study is fitted with book shelving and cupboards and a gas `woodburning’ style stove.
The recently extended and re-modelled kitchen/breakfast room has a casement door leading to the garden. It has ample cabinets, a three oven gas Aga, an electric cooker and a dishwasher.
There are sea views from the south and east facing windows on the first floor. The master bedroom is en suite and the guest suite of a double bedroom, and a bathroom, are off their own landing.
The other two double bedrooms are served by a bathroom and a separate WC and all of the bedrooms feature fitted wardrobes.
The largely walled garden includes a lawn with a paved terrace, summerhouse and a gate opening from the gardens to off-road parking fronting Park Lane.