Deepdene: Edwardian home in Aldeburgh goes on the market
- Credit: Archant
Deepdene is an exceptional family home in an elevated position above the High Street in the seaside town of Aldeburgh.
It has views to the sea, elegant accommodation and off-road car parking space, which is always important in this thriving resort.
This detached home is in Park Road, close to the Town Steps and immediately above Aldeburgh High Street.
From the first floor rooms there are views over the rooftops to the sea beyond.
This three reception room/four bedroom home has paved and landscaped gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Deepdene features elegant, well-presented accommodation with fine period joinery, moulded ceilings cornices in the principal rooms and, in the drawing room, a window bay fitted with window seating overlooking the garden.
It has an Arts & Crafts style surround to its fireplace.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
A study is fitted with book shelving and cupboards and a gas `woodburning’ style stove.
The recently extended and re-modelled kitchen/breakfast room has a casement door leading to the garden. It has ample cabinets, a three oven gas Aga, an electric cooker and a dishwasher.
There are sea views from the south and east facing windows on the first floor. The master bedroom is en suite and the guest suite of a double bedroom, and a bathroom, are off their own landing.
The other two double bedrooms are served by a bathroom and a separate WC and all of the bedrooms feature fitted wardrobes.
The largely walled garden includes a lawn with a paved terrace, summerhouse and a gate opening from the gardens to off-road parking fronting Park Lane.