Delays after accident blocks A14 junction
A SERIOUS accident is causing delays on the A14 this morning.
A lorry and a car have collided and it is believed both occupants of the car have been injured.
The crash happened just off the main trunk road on the A143, Compiegne Way at Bury St Edmunds, near to the Sugar Beet Factory at around 6.42am.
One person was trapped in the car and had to be freed before paramedics could assess them.
A black Audi A6 was involved and a male and a female from the vehicle were taken to the West Suffolk Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the woman’s injuries are believed to be life changing.
As a result of the accident traffic is building up on the slip road and back onto the westbound carriageway of the A14 during this morning’s rush hour.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
The police spokeswoman said the road re-opened just before 10am.
The Serious Collision Investigation Team are currently at the scene and are appealing for any witnesses to the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Paul Stock on 01473 613500.