Road closed after car fire near A12 at Copdock
Drivers were caught in delays after a car burst into flames near to the Copdock interchange on the A12.
Police were called shortly before 9am on Monday morning with reports of a car fire on the northbound off slip towards Tesco.
Firefighters also rushed to the scene, where a car was found “well alight”.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police confirmed two lanes were shut as highways officers worked to clear the road.
The fire was contained and extinguished by Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service at 9.20am.
You may also want to watch:
The road was cleared shortly before 11am.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'