Delays on key north Essex roads from snow this evening after lorry jackknifes
- Credit: Archant
Delays on the A12 in Essex close to Langham have been reported this evening due to a jackknifed lorry.
The crash is affecting traffic heading in both directions, with the lorry travelling on the southbound carriageway having made contact with the central reservation.
Lane two of the northbound carriageway is closed while recovery gets underway.
A mini has also been caught up in the collision.
No one is believed to have been reported injured.
You may also want to watch:
Work is currently underway to repair the central reservation which was damaged in the crash.
Essex Police have also reported that the B1022 Maldon Road between Tiptree and Colchester is in a dangerous state as a result of snow drifts from the fields.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Motorists are urged to avoid the road while conditions remain dangerous.
Elsewhere in Essex, the B1029 Bromley Road is blocked in both directions because of snow, close to the A133 Main Road junction.
The B1414 Harwich Road near Little Oakley has experienced heavy traffic from the snow.
The road is passable, but motorists are being warned that icy conditions do remain there.
On the A120, slow moving traffic has been reported in both directions at the Old Road junction near Coggeshall, as well as where the A120 meets the A12 near Marks Tey.