Heavy traffic on A12 in Essex following two crashes this morning
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced traffic delays on the A12 in Essex this morning following two separate collisions.
According to the AA, two cars were involved in a collision on the southbound carriageway between junction 25 and 24 earlier today, leaving ‘significant debris’ on the carriageway.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 5.33am today, June 21, to reports of a road traffic collision on the A12 southbound, near Marks Tey.
“An ambulance crew was sent to the scene to help.
“At the scene we treated a man, believed to be in his 30s, for a possible head injury.
You may also want to watch:
“The patient was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further treatment.”
The scene has now been cleared and vehicles moved to the side of the road.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
Another crash, involving a lorry and three cars, close to junction 25, A120 London, blocked lane three of the carriageway.
The ambulance service did not attend.
Traffic backed between Feering and Colchester as a result of the two collisions.