Delays on A12 northbound near Kelvedon after lorry and cars crash
- Credit: Archant
Severe traffic delays on the A12 near Kelvedon have been caused by a multi-vehicle collision.
The incident happened at around 5.25am between junction 23 and junction 24, and involved a lorry and three cars: a Peugeot 206, a Peugeot 407 and a Renault Laguna.
The road is partially blocked heading northbound, with traffic queuing for two miles between the two junctions.
A spokesman from Essex Police said two people were reported to have suffered injuries, although they are not believed to be serious.
One lane has been re-opened but the lorry had come to stop against the central barrier, with congestion in the area expected for some time.
Motorists are advised to use alternative routes in the area, and to allow extra time for their journeys.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's