Watch: Lorry fire on the A14 at Needham Market
- Credit: Archant
There were severe delays and slow moving traffic on the A14 heading east today after a lorry caught fire.
The vehicle was located near junction 51 with traffic building-up between there and junction 52 at the A140 turn-off.
The road heading east was restricted to one lane during the incident.
According to the AA, traffic flow had slowed with an average speed of just 5mph and delays of up to 19 minutes.
Dashcam footage from a driver on the road shows three fire engines at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a view of several fire crews using hoses to extinguish an already burnt-out lorry.
The road had later been cleared.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools