Delays on A14 near Stowmarket after police incident stops traffic
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is heavy on the A14 in both directions this afternoon after a police incident saw drivers stopped near Stowmarket.
All lanes have now re-opened between junction 49 for Stowupland and junction 50 for Stowmarket but residual delays remain.
Police were sent to the westbound carriageway shortly before 4pm after members of the public raised concerns about the welfare of a person in the area.
A police spokeswoman said: “It looks as though the situation is now under control and the road has now opened again.
“Officers received a call relating to concerns for the safety of a person near junction 50 on the A14.
You may also want to watch:
“Traffic was stopped in both directions but all lanes are now open.”
Highways England bosses tweeted: “Thanks to @SuffolkPolice all lanes are open in both directions #A14 btwn J49/J50 #Stowmarket following an incident. Thanks for your patience.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 10 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan