Delays on rail services to London after train develops fault between Ingatestone and Shenfield
- Credit: Archant
Rail services towards London have been delayed this evening after a train has developed a fault and is blocking one of the lines.
The 6pm service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street stopped between Ingatestone and Shenfield on the London-bound line after finding a fault.
The issue has left the line blocked, with short notice cancellations, revisions and delays of around 20 minutes affecting journeys.
The driver is attempting to repair the fault alongside fleet support engineers.
Trains running from 7pm have been delayed, with some services using the Colchester line.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies