Delays on the A14 due to puncture
RUSH hour motorists faced delays this evening - thanks to a lorry puncture.Those using the A14 near Ipswich were affected after the incident blocked the Stowmarket-bound carriageway just before the Orwell Bridge.
JADED rush hour motorists faced huge delays this evening - all thanks to a lorry tyre puncture.
The blow-out on the A14 near Ipswich affected thousands of motorists, with tail-backs reported across the town.
The incident, which took place shortly after 5pm, blocked the Stowmarket-bound carriageway just before the Orwell Bridge.
The vehicle's tyre had to be replaced, causing hold-ups as workers navigated their way home.
You may also want to watch:
One driver described the situation as “utter chaos”.
He added: “Wherever you go there seems to be a road nightmare.”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
Queues spiralled from the scene of the incident along the A14 and into feeder roads.
The delays on the road added to the travel disruption in Suffolk caused due to signalling problems on the county's rails earlier today.