Dentist ‘invited employee to swingers party’
FELIXSTOWE: A dental technician alleged to have repeatedly encouraged a female employee to attend swingers parties at his home is today facing an inquiry into his conduct.
Raymond Pomroy is also said to have told the woman she “did not need breast surgery” and “would look good in a leather outfit”, the General Dental Council (GDC) hearing has heard.
The incidents are alleged to have taken place at Mr Pomroy’s Felixstowe Dental Laboratory practice in Cobbold Road, Felixstowe, between March 25, 2008 and February 2009 when the woman worked as a dental technician.
According to allegations before the GDC, Mr Pomroy also told the employee - referred to during the hearing as ‘Ms A’ - that he had dreamt of her body and that if she was shy she would not have to be involved “straight away” in the sexual activities taking place at the swingers parties.
It is alleged that Mr Pomroy continued to make comments in relation to swingers parties when he knew or ought to have known that “Ms A did not wish to have such conversations”.
You may also want to watch:
It is also claimed Ms A was told she could not take a holiday during April 2009 so she would be free to attend a swingers party Mr Pomroy was staging at his home.
The hearing, which started this week and is taking place at the GDC offices in Wimpole Street, London, heard that Ms A eventually lodged an official complaint which prompted the probe into his conduct.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
The GDC is investigating allegations that Mr Pomroy’s behaviour was “inappropriate, unprofessional and sexually motivated”.
Mr Pomroy denies the allegations. The hearing continues.