Depden: A143 closed following collision
A STRETCH of the A143 has been closed following a road accident earlier this morning.
A STRETCH of the A143 was closed following a road accident earlier this morning.
Police and emergency services were called to the scene of a collision involving two vehicles at Depden near Bury St Edmunds just before 7.30am.
The driver of a blue Nissan car was taken to West Suffolk Hospital with serious injuries after the car he was driving overturned.
The occupants of a silver Peugeot also involved in the crash suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police confirmed that recovery vehicles and the fire and rescue service were working at the scene for several hours to clear the road, which re-opened around 11.30am.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe