Depden Care Farm shortlisted for grant from The People’s Project
- Credit: Archant
Depden Care Farm’s project, MINDS 2 MEND, has been shortlisted for a grant from The People’s Projects, funded by The National Lottery.
A total of £3 million of Lottery funding is up for grabs, with 95 organisations shortlisted across the UK.
Tim Freathy, Minds to Mend project manager, said: “There is a very real possibility that we could be allocated up to £50,000, but we need your help. Members of the public vote for the projects they want to support, and the ones with most votes will receive funding.”
Depden Care Farm supports adults with learning disabilities, acquired brain injuries or other mental health problems to gain new skills and work experience in agriculture and horticulture.
The additional funding would enable them to support many more people through a new weekly programme for those recovering their mental health, helping them get their life back on track and become more work ready. Funding could also help build a new fully accessible workshop to offer a broader range of skills to everyone, whatever their physical ability.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Freathy added: “I don’t need to tell you that winning this amount of money will make a massive difference to our little charity and to the many people we would be able to help as a result. Please vote for us!”
Voting opens on Monday, April 16, and closes on Monday, April 30.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
Vote online at https://www.thepeoplesprojects.org.uk/projects/region/anglia-east