Description of man released after teenage girl raped in Hadleigh
Police have released a description of a man they need to trace in connection with the rape of a teenage girl in Hadleigh.
Suffolk police received a report at around 2am on Sunday that a girl had been raped as she was walking in Tayler Road near the junction with Yeoman Way at around 9.30pm the night beforehand.
The girl is being spoken to by specially trained police officers who are continuing to provide her with support.
The man police wish to speak to is described as white, aged in his early 20s, of medium build, clean shaven, around 5ft 7in tall, and wearing dark blue jeans and a black Adidas hoody with the hood up.
The hood is described as having two black cords hanging down, and the top had three white stripes down both arms and a white Adidas motif on the right chest area.
Acting Detective Inspector at the joint major investigation team, Darren Bruce, said: “We are in the early stages of our investigation and the victim is receiving support from specialist officers.
“I would urge anyone who saw or heard anything out of the ordinary or recognises the description of the man to contact us.”
- 1 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 2 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 3 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 4 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 5 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 6 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 7 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 8 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 9 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 10 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
Anyone who has information about the incident is asked to call the joint major investigation team on 101 quoting reference HD/15/422, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.