Everything we know about the Royal wedding so far
- Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
It was announced on November 27 last year that Prince Harry was to wed his Suits actress girlfriend Meghan Markle.
And with just over four weeks to go until the pair tie the knot, we take a look at everything we know so far about the hotly-anticipated big day.
The couple, who met through mutual friends in the summer of 2016, will walk down the aisle at noon on May 19 at St George’s Chapel in Windsor.
Harry’s communications secretary Jason Knauf said Windsor was a “very special place” for Harry, and that he and Ms Markle had spent time there together. He said the couple were delighted to be holding the wedding in the “beautiful grounds of Windsor”.
The Chapel, which Prince Harry was christened at, can hold about 800 people.
Over 1,000 members of the public have been invited to watch the arrival and departure of the bride and groom.
However, Prime Minister Theresa May, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, Donald Trump and the Obama’s have not been invited. It was decided that only those with a close relationship to the couple would be invited.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 9 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase
The official wedding photographer will be Alexi Lubomirski who also photographed the pair for their engagement.
Mr Lubomirski said he is delighted to be named the official photographer for the big day.
“I could not be more thrilled or honoured to photograph this historic occasion.
“Having taken Prince Harry and Ms Markle’s engagement photos, it brings me such joy to be able to witness again, the next chapter in this wonderful love story.”
Kensington Palace revealed that the Royal family will pay for the wedding, including the church service, the music, flowers and reception.
Ms Markle, who is 36-years-old, will become a senior HRH on marrying into the royals and intends to become a British citizen.