Detectives hunt man who stabbed a woman in Lowestoft this morning
A woman was stabbed in Pakefield, Lowestoft this morning.
Detectives in the town are appealing for witnesses to the attack, which took place at 7.40am in Wilson Road.
The victim, a woman aged in her 30s, stopped to ask a man for directions and when she turned to walk away from him, he lunged forward and stabbed the victim in the side of her torso with an unknown object.
Police were called and a search of the area was carried out assisted by specialist units, but the offender could not be located.
The woman was taken to James Paget Hospital for treatment, but did not suffer serious injuries.
The suspect is described as white, aged between 40 and 50, around 6ft tall and of average build. He had black/dark drown short scruffy hair pushed back, brown eyes and some teeth missing. He was wearing a dark coloured, lightweight v-neck long-sleeved top.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who was in the area of Pakefield or near the sea front around the time of the attack.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 3 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 6 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 7 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 8 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
Members of the public are advised not to approach the man if they encounter someone matching his description and should call police immediately on 999.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call DC Matt Fox at Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting reference LO/15/2306.