Suffolk brothers’ marathon finish for charity challenge
- Credit: OLLY CLAPP
Two brothers who went head-to-head to raise money for Suffolk charities have completed their challenge after a marathon finish.
Brothers Roman and Dexter O’Connor started their 2.6 Challenge in April, with 11-year-old Roman opting to run the length of a marathon for Suffolk Mind while Dexter, 8, saw the family home become East Bergholt’s local cake shop.
The two Ipswich Town mad boys finished their challenge on Friday, May 22, as Roman ran across the finish line for his final mile, raising £416 – narrowly topping Dexter’s £387 for Ipswich Housing Action Group.
Mum Emma Burley said she is “beaming with pride” for the pair.
She added: “They have really enjoyed it. Not once have they complained and they remained so motivated.
You may also want to watch:
“Their attitude has been the most impressive thing through all of this, not just the amount they have raised for the charities. They have both learned such an important lesson on the importance of charity.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders