Did you hear the one about the woman at the checkout?
This round-robin email reached my inbox, last week...
“I went to the supermarket and when I was ready to checkout and pay for my groceries the cashier said, “Strip down, facing me.”
Making a mental note so I could complain to my local MP about this running amok security rubbish, I did just as she had instructed. After the shrieking finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should position my credit card.
Nonetheless, I’ve been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.”
I knew it was a joke because, personally, I would find it impossible to disrobe without being able to sit down to take off my shoes and kneehighs.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile my sincere thanks to James who recommends his wife Barbara’s knickers, Slenderella (she asked him to tell me about them) and Marjorie who speaks well of Daxon’s lacy maxi stretch briefs, with cotton-lined gusset. I now declare the knicker debate closed... until next time
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting