Did you see A134 crash at Barnham in which cyclist suffered serious head injuries?
- Credit: Archant
Witnesses to a crash in north Suffolk in which a cyclist suffered serious head injuries are asked to contact police.
Officers have launched an appeal for witnesses after the accident yesterday morning on the A134 at Barnham, near Thetford, involving a white Mercedes Sprinter van and a bicycle.
Both the van and bike were travelling along Bury Road from Thetford to Barnham at around 6.35am when the collision happened.
The cyclist, a man in his 50s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with arm and head injuries.
An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called to the incident
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact Sergeant Peter Howlett at Swaffham Roads Policing Unit on 101.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 8 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days