Dimitar Mitev remains in custody as Yarmouth Road crash hearing adjourned
The first hearing of a man charged in connection with a serious crash in Ipswich has been adjourned to take place on Wednesday.
Dimitar Mitev, of Dickens Road, Ipswich, was arrested after a single vehicle collision in Yarmouth Road at about 11.20pm on Sunday, April 22.
A woman suffered multiple fractures and was taken to hospital with life-changing injuries.
Mitev, 31, was charged with dangerous driving, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.
He was also charged with driving while disqualified and driving without insurance, in connection with an incident in Dickens Road on Friday, April 6.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court, in Ipswich, on Tuesday – but the hearing was adjourned due to the unavailability of an interpreter.
Mitev was kept in custody to appear in the same court on Wednesday morning.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge