Dinner lady at Hadleigh Community Primary School calms horse in school car park after rider falls and horse bolted - one person taken to Ipswich Hospital with “serious pelvic injuries”
- Credit: Archant
Emergency sevices have been called to reports of an incident involving a fallen horse rider near Glanville Road in Hadleigh.
Police were called shortly before 1.30pm to Glanville Road where a woman was reported to have fallen off her horse along the nearby bridleway.
A police spokesperson said the horse was then reported to have bolted into the car park of Hadleigh Community Primary School.
An ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle and air ambulance attended the scene, where a patient was taken by road ambulance to Ipswich Hospital with serious pelvic injuries at around 4pm.
Neil Jackson, headteacher at Hadleigh Community Primary School, said: “One of our dinner ladies and cleaners rides horses, and she ran outside, took the horse into the school car park and calmed it down.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jackson confirmed that no pupils were involved in the incident.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder