Pooches keep cool during the heatwave - in their very own swimming pool
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk couple are offering dog owners a way of keeping their pooches cool while they exercise this summer - in their swimming pool just for canines.
Andy and Jo Brownlie set up Dip and Dive in Wyverstone in August last year, but the pool is coming into its own this summer as the relentless heat batters Britain.
Mrs Brownlie said the business ‘took off from day one’.
“We had to close for the winter but reopened this May bank holiday so this will be our first full season,” she said.
“It has gone beyond anything we could have hoped for - the weather has been our friend.
You may also want to watch:
“Dip and Dive is fundamentally for fun, a fun swimming pool for dogs.
“But we have dogs come for so many different reasons, some come for weight loss.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 10 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
“It is great exercise for the dogs, especially in this hot weather. Twenty minutes in the pool is enough exercise for a dog for a whole day.”