Dishwasher fire in Hadleigh left building heavily smoke-logged

Lt-015-web-fire-1

Firefighters were called to a building in Hadleigh today after a dishwasher caught fire.

Crews from Hadleigh and Princes Street in Ipswich were sent to the scene.

However a third appliance, from Princes Street, was requested when the first crew arrived at the property in George Street.

The fire was in the kitchen of a single-storey extension which was tackled by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.

They used one hose reel to put out the blaze by 2.42pm.


You may also want to watch:


There is no indication about how much damage was caused by the fire but the building was heavily smoke-logged.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus