Dishwasher fire in Hadleigh left building heavily smoke-logged
Firefighters were called to a building in Hadleigh today after a dishwasher caught fire.
Crews from Hadleigh and Princes Street in Ipswich were sent to the scene.
However a third appliance, from Princes Street, was requested when the first crew arrived at the property in George Street.
The fire was in the kitchen of a single-storey extension which was tackled by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
They used one hose reel to put out the blaze by 2.42pm.
You may also want to watch:
There is no indication about how much damage was caused by the fire but the building was heavily smoke-logged.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash