Disruption to rail services due to signal fault near Chelmsford
Disruption is expected to rail services until 1pm due to a signalling problem between Chelmsford and Hatfield Peveral.
It has resulted in fewer trains being able to run on the line, with some services being cancelled or delayed by up to 10 mins.
Engineers are currently working on site and are expected to remain until 12noon.
Disruption is expected until 1pm.
The 11.18am service from London Liverpool Street to Clacton-On-Sea will call additionally at Hatfield Peverel.
You may also want to watch:
The 12.52pm Ipswich to London Liverpool Street service will start at Colchester and no longer call at Ipswich and Manningtree.
The 11.48am London Liverpool Street to Braintree service and the 1pm service from Braintree to London Liverpool Street have both been cancelled.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
The 12.33pm Ipswich to Braintree service will be replaced with a rail replacement bus, calling at Braintree Freeport and Braintree.
There will also be a mini bus calling at all stations between Witham to Braintree.
The 1pm Braintree to Witham service will be replaced with a rail replacement bus, calling Braintree Freeport and Witham, with a mini bus calling at all stations between Braintree and Witham.