Diss: Body found in burnt out caravan
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man has been found in a burnt out caravan in Diss, police said.
The remains were discovered after a concerned member of the public made police aware of a caravan on fire near the railway track on Sawmill Road in Diss, Norfolk, at around 8.20pm last night.
After the blaze had been contained by firefighters from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service the body of a male was recovered.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: “The death is being treated as unexplained and inquiries continue with the area being sealed off overnight.
“The seal remains in place today. Forensic investigators will today try to establish the cause of the fire in conjunction with the fire service.”
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification of the maln is still to take place but next of kin have been informed.
Anyone with information in relation to the incident should contact police on 101.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 6 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel