Diss: Man seriously injured in crash
A MAN is fighting for his life in hospital after the car he was travelling in swerved off the road and down a 20ft embankment on the Norfolk-Suffolk border.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the single vehicle crash that took place at about 11pm last night on the A143 at Scole, near Diss.
Five men were travelling in a burgundy Peugeot 306 from Billingford to the A140 roundabout when the car swerved to the wrong side of road, returned to the correct lane, and then rolled down a 20ft embankment.
Two crews from Diss fire station were called to release one of the men who was trapped.
One of the casualties was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries and the four others suffered minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to speak to anyone who witnessed the manner of the driving of the Peugeot and a silver hatchback car, possibly a Ford Focus, that was in the area at the time.
Contact the road policing unit at Wymondham on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge