Diss sports club inundated with calls amid rumours of Ed Sheeran New Year’s Eve acoustic set
- Credit: Archant
A business in Diss has been inundated with calls following rumours that popstar Ed Sheeran would be performing an acoustic set at their New Year’s Eve party.
The Heywood Health and Fitness club on Walcot Road has taken dozens of calls from fans asking if the news was true.
Andrew Hills, manager of Heywood, said: “It’s a bit bonkers, I don’t know where the rumour has come from. I took at least 30 calls yesterday and I’ve had two members of staff call me today, on my day off, to tell me that they can’t get anything done because the phone hasn’t stopped ringing.
“The party will definitely be a lot of fun, but an appearance by the ginger genius, has not been planned, booked or agreed.”
The sudden rise in interest in the event has led to some concerns for the business.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hills added: “We’re not sure if we should cancel due to health and safety or just issue more tickets and hope that their isn’t a riot.
“The more we tell people that it’s not true, Ed Sheeran is not coming, the more they seem to think he is.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid