Diss sports club inundated with calls amid rumours of Ed Sheeran New Year’s Eve acoustic set
- Credit: Archant
A business in Diss has been inundated with calls following rumours that popstar Ed Sheeran would be performing an acoustic set at their New Year’s Eve party.
The Heywood Health and Fitness club on Walcot Road has taken dozens of calls from fans asking if the news was true.
Andrew Hills, manager of Heywood, said: “It’s a bit bonkers, I don’t know where the rumour has come from. I took at least 30 calls yesterday and I’ve had two members of staff call me today, on my day off, to tell me that they can’t get anything done because the phone hasn’t stopped ringing.
“The party will definitely be a lot of fun, but an appearance by the ginger genius, has not been planned, booked or agreed.”
The sudden rise in interest in the event has led to some concerns for the business.
Mr Hills added: “We’re not sure if we should cancel due to health and safety or just issue more tickets and hope that their isn’t a riot.
“The more we tell people that it’s not true, Ed Sheeran is not coming, the more they seem to think he is.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties