DJs to reunite for fundraising gig in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A group of DJs are coming together for a ‘reunion gig’ in Sudbury tomorrow to raise money for two good causes.
Bruno Brown, 41, is helping to organise the event which is taking place from 7.30pm to 1am at AFC Sudbury in Brundon Lane.
The beneficiaries of the gig will be the Befriending Scheme, based in the town, and Funding Neuro in memory of seven-year-old Daisy Brooks, from Bures, who died after suffering from a brain tumour.
Mr Brown knows about the work of the Befriending Scheme through a friend who volunteers there and thought it would be a worthwhile charity to support. He also knows Daisy’s family.
The gig will bring together eight DJs, including Mr Brown, an electrical engineer from Sudbury.
You may also want to watch:
He said they all used to play at a club which is now known as Infinity.
“We haven’t played together as a group for over 20 years,” he said.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
He said a friend was coming all the way from USA for the night and one of the DJs, Mark Summers, lives in Barcelona.
They will be playing dance music from 1988 onwards.
Mr Brown said they are hoping to raise at least £1,000 between the two charities.
“Putting on a gig is one thing, but I wanted to do it as a purpose as such as well; that’s why we are doing it for two charities,” he added.
“It’s about getting everyone together and doing something good at the same time.”
The gig has capacity for 250 people.
Tickets cost £7 if bought in advance or £10 on the door. For tickets call Mr Brown on 07837 396394.
For more information visit the Facebook page by searching for ‘the reunion Bruno Brown’.