Do you recognise this man? Police release CCTV after “shocking” van theft in Centenary Way, Clacton
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV image has been released in connection with a “shocking incident” in north Essex in which a man is said to have stolen a van and deliberately hit three vehicles, including a police car.
Essex Police want to speak to the man pictured after an alleged vehicle theft in Centenary Way, Clacton, on Tuesday.
A man stole a silver Ford Transit van and hit a police car as well as two belonging to members of the public.
Sgt Colin Shead at Stanway Roads Policing Unit said: “This was a shocking incident whereby a person deliberately hit not only a police car but also two other cars belonging to members of the public.
“We take a zero tolerance stance on incidents where people’s safety is put at risk and we will find this suspect.”
Anyone with information about the incident or who recognises the man from the CCTV image is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 8 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 9 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 10 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge