Do you recognise women wanted in connection with Poppy Appeal box theft from Chelmsford Tesco?
- Credit: Archant
Thieves are reported to have used an advent calendar to conceal a Poppy Appeal box they had stolen from an Essex shop after a member of staff was distracted.
The charity cash and advent calendar were taken from the Tesco Express in Purbeck Court, Chelmsford, at around 4pm on Wednesday, November 1.
Essex Police wants to speak to two women, pictured on CCTV, in connection with the theft.
A police spokesman said the suspects had distracted a member of staff and then used the advent calendar to conceal the box before walking out.
Officers have appealed for anyone who recognises the two women to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Clive Wilson at Chelmsford police station on 101 quoting crime reference 42/155750/17 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The Poppy Appeal is the Royal British Legion’s biggest fundraising campaign held every year in November.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside