Dog dies in house blaze drama
A DOG has died in a house fire in Ipswich.Crews attended a terraced two storey house in Bramford Road shortly before 2.50pm today.
A DOG has died following a blaze at an Ipswich home today.
Flames took hold in the ground floor of an end-of-terrace property in Bramford Road, Ipswich at about 2.48pm.
Three fire crews attended the scene and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched the smoke filled house.
Nobody was inside although the firefighters discovered a dog in the kitchen which had died as a result of the blaze.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said the alarm was raised by a passer-by who spotted smoke coming from an upstairs window.
“The crews used thermal imaging equipment to search the property and all persons were accounted for,” she said.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 7 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
The fire was extinguished at 3.20pm but crews remained in attendance to help ventilate the property.