Dog-friendly award winners scoop another VisitEngland honour for Suffolk cottages
- Credit: Suzanne Fossey
A dog-friendly Suffolk getaway is one of just 100 holiday destinations to receive a coveted VisitEngland Rose award.
Letheringham Water Mill Cottages, near Wickham Market, was nominated by VisitEngland quality scheme assessors, and selected from assessor comments and online feedback from visitors.
Earlier this year, owners Jacqui and Richard Gooding won VisitEngland’s Dog Friendly Business of the Year.
Blaize Cottages, in Lavenham, was the only other Suffolk recipient from 12 in the East of England this year.
VisitEngland director Andrew Stokes said: “It’s this level of commitment to ensuring visitors have the best experience, combined with the amazing range of settings and attractions, that has visitors out exploring and spreading the economic benefits of tourism.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gooding said: “We are absolutely thrilled to win another Visit England Award. It means such a lot to be recognised nationally.”
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move